Like many of us, you may be looking for alternative ways of treating back pain other than traditional medical solutions or pain pills.
if you’re currently treating your back pain with either over-the-counter or prescription drugs, recognize that these medications are incredibly strong, and all have a long list of side effects that may lead to more health problems. Besides cigarettes and alcohol, pain pills, acetaminophen, aspirin, and ibuprofen are a few of the most common toxins.
Every medication we take, every thing we eat or drink is filtered through the liver. If the liver becomes toxic, you’re on very dangerous ground. Since the liver is the largest cleansing organ of the body, we must take care to protect this vital organ. Unfortunately, it is well known that even legal drugs are hard on the liver. So where does that leave you and me?
Either we need to deal with the pain, or we need to find alternative solutions to help us function better. Our chiropractic and nutrition programs can help your body heal naturally. It’s also likely you’ll feel better emotionally, which can help with depression and anxiety.
So what are these natural cures for treating back pain?
- Whole Food Supplements – Dr. Mixon’s customized nutrition programs can help strengthen your body. Using Nutrition Response Testing, Dr. Mixon can determine the precise supplements that will help to decrease inflammation, rejuvenate tired ligaments and muscles and reduce pain. Not only can our whole food supplements reduce your need for pain medications, they can also improve your overall health.
- Spinal Decompression Therapy – Spinal decompression is a well known therapy that has a proven track record of success in treating back pain. Whether your pain is from sciatica, disk problems, or from excess weight this highly effective treatment can help you. This simple procedure requires only that you lie down on the bed of the computerized spinal decompression table. The technician will program the machine with the settings the doctor has recommended and then you’re free to rest and relax. The machine will guide you through a series of stretches that will relieve pressure on the discs while encouraging healing.
- Chiropractic Treatment – Getting your back into proper alignment will often result in almost immediate pain relief. When small spinal misalignments are corrected, your nervous system can communicate more effectively, resulting in faster healing.
- Exercise – After chiropractic treatment, your Garland chiropractor will determine if you are physically able to add more movement into your life. If so, your chiropractor may recommend targeted exercises to help you strengthen weak joints and muscles. Here’s an added plus. Exercise helps to release natural endorphins, (much like natural opiates) to help control the pain and make you feel better.
- Homeopathy– Homeopathic treatments are natural and effective remedies for treating back pain. This time honored tradition of medicine is remarkably safe and affordable. The health professionals at Texas Spine & Wellness can determine the right remedies for your condition.
As a side note, proper posture will also help keep your back in better alignment. Try not to slouch while seated or stand with your shoulders hunched over. If you spend long hours at a desk job, give your back a break by taking frequent stretch breaks or short walks to the water color. Also remember to drink lots of water to help cleanse your body. Each good habit you adopt will positively impact your overall health.
For more ideas on treating back pain, return to our Home page.